Saturday, February 18, 2006


I'm back in Germany! Yeah! Bankok was just ace. I stay in Banglamphu in the New Siam II hotel. They had even a pool ;)! The first night I booked a room in a hostel called something like Shrenki or whatever.I arrived quite late in Bankok because my plane from Phuket had 1.5h delay. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the evening with a nice meal at the restaurant. The next three days I shopped as much as I can. As I told you already I was allowed to take 64kg with me plus hand luggage. At the end I was able to buy 20 kg so I had 40 in total. Now I think I should have bought a bigger bonger and muuuuuuuch more souvenirs :). I missed out a lot of the sights in Bankok but had an awesome time. While I was shopping I got to know to a German dude called Tobias. I met him again on the top of a skyscraper in Bankok. Actually, it was an all around open restaurant and bar. Pretty cool. My friend Ooh picked me up from my hotel and accompied me. Indeed, she showed me even around her city ;). We had a drink and took some great pics. Hopefully, I will get them from her. Afterwards we went to a club in the 'famous' area Pelang (I have to look up the spelling :) ). Well, it's the red light district but they have some normal bars there, too ;). We danced till 2 because everything closes and went then with a couple of new friends to an illegal club. Till the end of the night. I didn't sleep much to get more tired in the plane. The next day I had some last fit sessions for my suits and a beautiful dinner with Ooh. Grabbed a cab from my hotel around 9.30pm with a German couple and really wanted to stay longer in Bangkok. Shopping and going out is great there. I tell you just save the money for buying clothes and get a ticket to Bangkok instead. Just take your clothes on your body with you. You can buy everything there and save a lot of money at home. At the end, you'll probably saved enough money to make it up for the plane ticket. So, if you plan your next holidays and haven't been in Asia. Go for it! Will publish now some pics since the last ones. Don't get confused with the different chronology :).

No comments: