Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Still Malaysia!

Alright, instead of taking the "Transnational" official bus company from Lumut to Butterworth I took a local company called "Sri Maya" or similar :). It took only 3 hours instead of 5 with Transnational. Arrived, I checked in a ferry for 1.20 RM. Besides, one RM is approx. 4.4 Euro. Well, the accomondation costs only 8 RM. That's not even 2 Euro a night. That's really bloody cheap but we will upgrade.

Got to know again to someone from Switzerland. His name is Dominik. The first night we just went out for dinner. The second day we did some sightseeings. Indeed, the temples didn't interested us and we had a huge lunch instead. The Indian food is great here and we paid each 8 RM. Yes, that's not even 2 Euro again. We had a lot with fresh orange juice and a desert. Can't help myself, I just love the food here although I can't remember the names :). Of course, chicken tandoori was one of them.

Well, we checked out the shopping malls today and got quite excited about the prices. You can imagine that it is pretty cheap. Alright, electronics are only around 15 per cent cheaper but clothes are really a bargain.

I think I will stay another day and make then my way to Langkawi island. Afterwards Thailand will be the place to be. Heard a lot of good stuff about it :).

Just to remind you I will arrive in the morning (9.40am) of the 19th of January at the airport in Cologne with a flight from London :).

Cheers from Penang where the main town is called Pinang or Georgetown,
Chris

No comments: