Monday, January 02, 2006

Malaysia!

Hey people!

Spent only two nights in Kuala Lumpur (KL) and was really ready for an island. Met two people from Switzerland (Arina and Andreas) and travelled with them to the island Pangkor for NYE. It was just great and sooooo relaxing. Really, those huge Petronas towers which were the highest towers in the world once, aren't so impressive. Neither was KL itsself really beautiful. Alright, I didn't spend too much time there and would give it another try.

But now after having ridden scooters around the island and pushed the jetski to the limits I can say I love Pangkor. You could even do a jungle hike there or a kayak tour but I didn't do any of them. Ok, we drove our scooters to the edge of the jungle and walk 1 minute to the next waterfall :). Besides, we were just going out for eating breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday :). It' just unbelievable cheap here. After I spent so much money in Australia it's an relief. You get for 1.5 Euros an omelette with toast and spread, a fresh orange juice and even Nasi Goreng or whatever takes your fancy for an early prelunch :). Yeah, I love it!

At the moment, I'm in Lumut. That's the town from where I took the ferry to the island. I"m waiting for my bus to Butterworth where I have to cross the waters again to Penang. After some days I will go to Langawski (or similiar spelled :) ) and some other island. Heard it's better to cross the boarders to Thailand with island hopping or by train because there are some fights which are serious.

Besides, we met yesterday in the morning another girl from the Swiss. She told us she was travelling already around 4 months and spent 3 months in Indonesia. Well, the story is that she had an angel there who saved her life twice. Once, she wanted to have dinner in Bali with a friend but they didn't have enought money with them. So the sat down on the beach in front of this location. Alright, a bomb went off just there!!! I think this chances your life and I
m so happy that I met her alive! Another time she was bitten by an almost dead snake in the jungle and the locals sucked the poisson out (I heard you die if you did this...well...I think I should read more about it) and collected all kind of plants and made a bandage with banana leaves. Ok, that's scary, too. But if zou get bitten you should have someone around you and just don't move! This will let your blood circulate more and spread the poisson in your body. I don't have to tell you what's more important...your heart and lungs or your leg!

Alright, I'm fine :). But this really impressed me. Besides, Andrea is her name and she does even paragliding with a snowboard on her back just to get the right powder. Now, I was even more amazed and had respect. Anyone can top it!?

See you in five hours in Penang. That's the island I'm heading to :),

Cheers still from Malaysia,
Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

just want to wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Your stories are quite amazing! Keep on writing ...

PROST,
Schaefa

PS: Rigth now we got a lot of powder here in europe ... let's rip that shit! ;)